Otherwise known as Georgie’s Pot O’Gold Dip, this corned beef and sauerkraut casserole is a must try especially around St. Patrick’s Day.
- 1/2lb chopped corned beef
- one 8oz package of cream cheese (not whipped)
- 2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp brown mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 clove of garlic; minced
- Rye crackers or bread (substitute gluten free crackers or bread for a gluten free recipe)
- First, heat your oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Grease a 1-quart casserole dish (lard is best, but vegetable based like a Crisco would work).
- Set aside 1 cup of the shredded Swiss cheese and the rye crackers (or bread).
- Mix all other ingredients in a good size mixing bowl: chopped corned beef, cream cheese, 1 cup Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, sour cream, tomato paste, onion, mustard, and garlic.
- Spoon the mixture into your greased casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 20-25 minutes (depending on oven), until you see it brown a bit on top and appears to be bubbly.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Swiss Chees across the top and bake another 5-10 min until cheese is melty and browning.
- Serve warm with a bowl of your favorite rye crackers or bread for dipping.
ENJOY with a good pint of brew!