Great to share after school, game time, or at your next casual get together.
Takes 30min-45min to prepare
- 2 packages of shredded potatoes (or 6-8 cups of freshly shredded potatoes)
- 2-3 cups of freshly shredded kohlrabi)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour (potato starch can be substituted for gluten-free recipe)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1.5-2 cups chopped yellow squash (peeled)
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 2 cups mixed shredded white cheese flavors (or 1 pkg of Italian 6-cheese blend)
- 1 pkg of cream cheese
- season to taste (recommendations include: sea salt, pepper, garlic, basil, and smoked paprika)
- Squeeze out all extra moisture/liquid from shredded potato and kohlrabi.
- Mix your potatoes, kohlrabi, onion, chives, red pepper, squash, eggs and flour in a big mixing bowl then set aside in the refrigerator.
- Next mix in your shredded cheeses with your soft cream cheese and blend thoroughly.
- Fold in seasonings, then set cheese mixture aside.
- Heat up deep frying pan with your favorite light cooking oil to frying temperature. We recommend a healthy canola blend.
- Take your potato/veggie mixture out of the fridge and start molding a cylinder-like ball in your hand with a hollow midsection.
- Add a teaspoon of the cheese mixture to the middle of the potato/veggie round, and fold more potato/veggie mixture to close in the cheese.
- Set rounds aside on nonstick cookie sheet and continue process until all of the potato/veggie mixture is gone.
- Place 4-5 rounds (no more than 6 recommended) in the ready hot oil; flip over once frying 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Let fully cooked Poveggie Rounds rest on paper towel for a couple of minutes to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping mix or sauce.
NOTE: Cooking time depends on the amount and freshness of vegetables,as well as the size of the rounds, and the temperature of the cooking oil. For more details or images to help illustrate the recipe check out our post titled “Cheesy Stuffed Tater Rounds Taken to the Next Level“