This light and flavorful spring salad is the perfect accompaniment to your Easter menu display.
Takes approximately 15 minutes to prepare
Gluten-free, Nut-free, Heart-healthy
- 1 1/4 cups sliced sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup of sliced radishes or fresh sliced jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup of mint leaves, torn
- 2 cups of sliced cucumber
- 2 bags of fresh, washed spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
Wash all vegetables thoroughly; even pre-washed bagged produce. Either spin dry or gently towel dry leafy vegetables. Then, toss your radishes (or jalapeno pepper), snap peas, cucumbers, spinach, and mint in a large salad bowl.
Mince the garlic and mix with salt, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar. Add the olive oil and freshly ground pepper, and whisk together. – Alternatively, you can shake all of your dressing ingredients together in a sealed mason jar.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Top with sunflower seeds and feta cheese. Adjust seasonings to taste and enjoy your tasty and healthy salad.