Georgie’s Special Recipe Oven-Fried Chicken makes a yummy family dinner anytime of the year.
Takes 45min-1hr to prepare
- Start with cut-up 8pc chicken
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter (substitute 1.5 cups Crisco Natural Blend oil for dairy-free and Fit-for-You recipes)
- 2.5-3 cups of crushed Rice Crispies (substitute brands or grains for Gluten Free and Fit-for-You recipes)
- Paprika, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder (optional: sea salt for oil blend recipes vs butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Thoroughly wash your chicken pieces (remove skin for Fit-for You recipe)
- Melt butter in large bowl
- Add crushed rice and seasonings (season to taste) into a large plastic storage container or bag
- Dunk and coat chicken pieces in melted butter, then add to bag of dry ingredients.
- Shake bag/container until chicken pieces are thoroughly covered then place on large baking sheet
- Place baking sheet into preheated oven and bake for 35min to 45min
NOTE: Cooking time depends on the size of the chicken pieces and the size/power of the oven. Chicken breast should be cooked to 180 degrees.