Georgie’s Pot O’Gold Dip recipe is a St. Patrick’s Day favorite tradition you can share with friends and family today.
But, be warned! Eat responsibly. This St. Patty’s day treat is a bit addictive!
Georgie's Pot O'Gold Dip
A St. Patrick's Day favorite tradition to share at a party with friends and family.
- 1/2lb chopped corned beef
- one 8oz package of cream cheese (not whipped)
- 2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp brown mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 clove of garlic; minced
- Rye crackers or bread
method1. First, heat your oven to 350 degrees (F).
2. Grease a 1-quart casserole dish (lard is best, but vegetable based like a Crisco would work).
3. Set aside 1 cup of the shredded Swiss cheese and the rye crackers (or bread).
4. Mix all other ingredients in a good size mixing bowl: chopped corned beef, cream cheese, 1 cup Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, sour cream, tomato paste, onion, mustard, and garlic.
5. Spoon the mixture into your greased casserole dish and spread out evenly.
6. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 20-25 minutes (depending on oven), until you see it brown a bit on top and appears to be bubbly.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the Swiss Chees across the top and bake another 5-10 min until cheese is melty and browning.
8. Serve warm with a bowl of your favorite rye crackers or bread for dipping.