Between New Years, the Super Bowl, and the Oscars, or even the Olympics, it seems there’s always an occasion to have a party. While gathering with friends and family is fun, it also means planning a menu for the snacks and drinks.
Here are our top 10 party planning tips to help inspire you and make planning your next get together; casual or extravagant, a little bit easier.
- Try some puff pastry — Store-bought puff pastry is a simple and quick way to bring your appetizers to the next level. Puff pastry can be wrapped around just about anything, adds flair to an otherwise simple appetizer, and is super tasty.
- Set up a DIY cocktail bar — Want to serve fun drinks but don’t want to do all the work or hire a bartender? A DIY cocktail bar is the answer! Set out several bottles of booze, mixers, and garnishes, and you’ve got yourself a plethora of options to fit everyone’s tastes.
- Schedule it out — Don’t get caught in the trap of trying to finish all your appetizers and drinks at the same time. Plan out what can be done ahead of time, what needs to be done just before the party starts, and everything in between. Spreadsheets and to-do lists are your friends!
- Punch it up! — Punch is a creative, easy, and aesthetically pleasing way to serve drinks at your party. Mix and match juices, sodas, and even a splash of spirits to fit the occasion and your flavor preferences. Make sure to add garnishes for extra pizzaz!
- Try a theme — Consider a particular theme for your party so choosing which dishes and flavor profiles to go for is more simple. Choose a theme by cuisine, like Mexican or Asian, or maybe even by a decade, like 50’s or 80’s.
- Freeze beforehand — Many recipes are suitable to be frozen and reheated when the time to party comes. If you have some time; a couple days or weeks before your party begins, prepare recipes early and freeze them to save time. Then just bake or thaw when you’re ready to serve.
- Use your fingers — Finger foods like meatballs, chicken wings, or deviled eggs are popular for a reason! Anything that doesn’t require silverware is your friend because it means less cleanup! Plus, snacks are already perfectly portioned.
- Pull out that slow cooker — Crock pot recipes are a lifesaver when it comes to cooking a large quantity of food with little involvement on your part. From chili and stew to macaroni or dips, there are a wide variety of recipes that can be made in a slow cooker and served right in the pot for minimal mess.
- Whip up a dip — You can’t go wrong with a good dip or two (or four). You choose the number, but every party has to have a dip! Most dips can be thrown together quickly and are crowd pleasers for guests of all ages.
- When in doubt, call Georgie’s! — What’s better than having someone else do all the work? Georgie’s can take care of all your party planning catering needs for that next corporate office party or your annual Super Bowl party.
So! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the party!