Georgie’s takes Food Service Safety as our number one priority!
Many people have no idea about the number of rules, restrictions and guidelines in place for Food Service businesses and establishments (restaurants, taverns & grills, caterers, food trucks, and more) in order to keep you healthy every time you eat out. Since the month of December is designated as the Worldwide Food Service Safety Month (similar to the National Food Service Month of September), Georgie’s thought we would share a small number of steps we take every day to ensure your health and safety when we serve you up at our campus cafeteria or your special events.
Many of these tips and guidelines are great for you to practice at home too!
- Make sure all temperatures are the right range for refrigerators, walk-in coolers, and freezers.
- Keep a written daily copy of the recorded temperatures when monitoring your cold-storage appliances for the county safety inspector.
- Verify that all temperatures are correct according to the guidelines for the preparation and serving of cold and hot foods.
- Make sure all preparation surfaces are constantly cleaned and sanitized before, during and after food preparation.
- Ensure all foods are prepared quickly and put into appropriate storage utilities at the prescribed proper temperatures.
- Be sure to have all pans, serving utensils, dinnerware, etc., washed and rinsed in the dishwasher with approved sanitizing temperature.
- And, ensure all staff comply with food safety guidelines & restrictions when handling food and working in food preparation areas such as washing hands thoroughly and frequently, do not share cutting surfaces or utensils when prepping raw vegetables, fruit, fish, raw meat, or dairy, etc., to avoid cross-contamination.
Georgie’s kitchen and serving staff follow the food and safety guidelines of the ServSafe™ manual published by the National Restaurant Association™. This guide explains best practices for food service safety. It describes how to handle food and food preparation safely, what happens if you don’t follow the guidelines outlined (such as the growth of harmful bacteria & germs), and the consequences to a business who does not follow these guides (illness, shut down, fines, and loss of license).
Georgie’s Custom Catering takes food service safety very seriously. Georgie’s team team takes every reasonable effort to ensure your safety and happiness when we create your perfect event menu. And, it’s your happiness and satisfaction that keeps Georgie’s a local favorite for catered events in the Twin Ports.